As part of the Homes for All coalition, Beacon is asking our legislators to support $140 million for homes in the upcoming bonding bill.
Bonds that build homes build stronger lives, families, and communities. Do your part for Bonds that Build Homes by committing to attend your local Legislative Action:
- Tuesday, April 10 Northwest Metro
- Sunday, April 15 Minneapolis / St. Paul - THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED due to the winter storm
- Sunday, April 22 Southwest Metro
- Sunday, April 29 Minneapolis / St. Paul THIS IS THE RESCHEDULED EVENT - re-registration is required
Please contact Deb Rodgers if you or your congregation wants to make a powerful impact on our public priorities.
- 100,000 households in the Twin Cities metro area spend more than 50% of their hard-earned income toward home
- More than 20,000 of these families, young adults, seniors, and others fall into homelessness each year
- Passing a bonding bill is the single best way to get more affordable homes built - homes such as 66 West and Prior Crossing
Resources for Leaders
Housing Statistics by County
Beacon congregations build relationships within their congregations, with leaders and advocates in other congregations, and with their elected officials to influence public policies and funding for programs, services and buildings that build homes. Together we say that all people deserve a home that's affordable and safe.