Beacon is adding more than 40 quality apartment homes in the Wayzata School District on 45th Avenue North near Old Rockford Road in Plymouth. Cranberry Ridge will be home to working families who will benefit from the great schools, parks and other community assets we all appreciate.
Most of the families living at Cranberry Ridge will be earning between $20,000 and $45,000 per year. Up to 10 homes will be set aside for families who are earning less. Interfaith Outreach staff will be at Cranberry Ridge to support parents’ efforts to have the best possible jobs, increase their income and meet their children’s education and other needs.
Most of us who live in this community believe there’s no better place to live, to work, to raise a family. But for some of our neighbors, our kids’ classmates, the people we see every day at IOCP, that ‘no better place’ remains more dream than reality. The need for affordable rental housing in the western suburbs is real and urgent. A stable, affordable place to call home is where dreams are nurtured and strong futures begin. We’re excited about creating housing that will make that ‘no better place’ real for all of our kids and all of our families.
LaDonna Hoy, Executive Director
Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners
What can I do?
Collaborating congregations and their members will be called on to show their support in a variety of ways over the next two to three years. Right now, you can:
Spread the news about Cranberry Ridge and invite friends to get to know Beacon through tours of our other properties.
By the time Cranberry Ridge opens, it will have cost about $15,000 per home to to find the right location, build the community support, secure the perfect service partner, and arrange for the multimillion dollar financing for the development. All of this work is made possible through private contributions. Make your gift online or send a check to Beacon at 2610 University Avenue, Suite 100, St. Paul, MN 55118.
- Sun Sailor, Plymouth City Council approves Cranberry Ridge development, December 5, 2017
- Sun Sailor, Plymouth City Council approves Cranberry Ridge development, November 30. 2017
- CCX Media, After Plymouth vote, affordable housing advocates rejoice, November 30, 2017
- CCX Media, Affordable housing project approved in Plymouth, November 29, 2017
- CCX Media, Proposal could bring more affordable housing to Plymouth, July 20, 2017
- Sun Sailor, Plymouth City Council gives nod to proposed affordable housing development, July 5, 2017