Who lives in our housing?
Nearly 800 men, women, children and youth have found stability through Beacon's housing and shelter programs.Their ages, backgrounds and experiences vary widely. Here are a few examples:
- Jill, who says having stable housing and support at Lydia Apartments has helped her put her life in good order including a $15 an hour part time job.
- Antwann, who is grateful for the second chance he has found at Kimball Court with support from Ujamaa.
- Abdi, a school bus driver, and his wife Maryan, who are grateful for safe, affordable housing for their four children at Creekside Commons.
- Garlicia, who's grateful for Nicollet Square which allowed her to succeed in college and save money.
- Jackie, who's making ends meet on a housekeeper's wage and raising sons Tyler and Tupac in our supprotive housing.
We have built or preserved about 500 homes, more than half with supportive services that help our tenants achieve housing stability. With your support we’ll reach our goal of 1,000 affordable, high-quality homes by 2020.