Overview: Emerson Village
Supportive housing for families in North Minneapolis
Emerson Village will be about 50 apartment homes for families. Tailoring this permanent housing to families who make 30 percent or less AMI means all of us can be part of this neighborhood for years to come. Support services will be adapted for each member of the family and what they need to thrive together.
Take Action NOW!
Thank you for supporting Emerson Village! Please fill out this form so that we may alert you about ways to support this work. Your letters, calls or virtual “showing up” will make all the difference to your future neighbors. We will not share or sell your contact info outside of our organization. Please also feel free to contact Emily Goldthwaite Fries anytime if questions or concerns come up. Her number is (541) 525-1819, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please list me as a supportive Emerson Village Neighbor!
Make a gift to help launch homes like Emerson Village.
- About 50 high-quality, well-managed apartment homes.
- Homes for families who make less than $30,000 a year.
- One, two, and three-bedroom apartments.
- Individualized on-site support services.
Why Emerson Village?
- Located just minutes from great shopping, restaurants, parks, and other amenities makes it easy for families to enjoy being families.
- Beacon values our long-time presence and partners in North Minneapolis. We’re investing in North Minneapolis by creating new homes.
- Supportive housing narrows opportunity gaps by providing families tools to build on their own assets.
- Quality affordable homes belong in all communities. Beacon is developing three new buildings in North Minneapolis, Hopkins, and Shakopee, providing families with on-site support services.
- On-site staff will tailor services to each family member and what they want to focus on – such as health, employment, education, finances, or parenting support.
You can help create the apartment homes at Emerson Village through your gift and action. It will take:
About $750,000 in private gifts allows Beacon to do all the work needed before construction begins: the planning, organizing, design and financing. Contact Clara to discuss making a personally-significant gift.
Congregations demonstrating public support at critical times in zoning, land use, and planning decisions. Contact Emily to discuss how your congregation can be organizing to take action.