General Shelter Information
- If you have an immediate need for shelter, call the Shelter Hotline at 1-888-234-1329 or United Way’s 2-1-1.
- If you are experiencing domestic violence and need emergency shelter, call 1-866-223-1111.
- If you are a youth or young adult with an immediate need for shelter, contact:
Bridge for Youth: (612) 377-8800
Avenues: (612) 522-1690
Hope Street: (612) 827-9372
Or find resources near you at Youth Services Network
Beacon’s Shelter Program
If you have children under the age of 18 and need shelter now, you may be eligible to participate in our family shelter program. We cannot guarantee that space will be available.
- In Hennepin County, call the county shelter team at (612) 348-9410. You may request our Families Moving Forward program. Our program currently takes referrals from the shelter team and agencies only – we do not take calls directly from families at this time. If you are an agency, you may leave a message at our program center: (612) 529-2185 ext. 14. Please note: we do not call everyone back unless they fit the criteria.
- In Scott or Carver counties, call the shelter openings line of our Families Moving Forward Southwest program at (952) 767-0708.