The Twin Cities metro isn’t keeping up with the accelerating demand for new homes that people can afford. And those of us with the lowest incomes or who are experiencing homelessness bear the brunt of this crunch.
Beacon is a leader in creating supportive housing – services embedded in deeply affordable housing – right here in the Twin Cities. We know how to make a huge impact in the lives of these neighbors. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating quality, affordable apartment homes that people want to live in throughout the metro. And we’ll continue to step up until all people have a home.
We’re a collaborative of congregations who come together to achieve more than we ever could on our own. We organize to remind elected officials and decision makers that there is strong public support for new apartment homes in our neighborhoods. And we do our homework to find the best locations and secure funding for homes serving people others have not been able to help.
Together, we’re changing the landscape of possibility in our community. New homes we’re developing right now include:
- Bimosedaa: About 50 homes in downtown Minneapolis with services tailored toward individuals in the Native community experiencing homelessness.
- Cranberry Ridge: 45 homes in Plymouth for low-income families, including 10 for families experiencing homelessness.
- Lydia Apartments: Adding nearly 40 homes to our current building for individuals who have experienced homelessness.
- Prairie Pointe: About 50 homes in Shakopee for families who have experienced homelessness.
- Vista 44: About 50 homes in Hopkins for families who have experienced homelessness.
- …and working to advance new homes in Minneapolis and St. Paul.
We’d love to share how your gift can launch new homes in our community. Contact us to get to know our approach.