Overview: Prairie Pointe
Supportive housing for families in Shakopee
Pointe the way home!
Prairie Pointe will significantly reduce the numbers of families in Scott and Carver counties who are experiencing homelessness, offering them the stability of a home where parents and children alike can flourish.
- About 50 high-quality, well-managed apartment homes.
- Homes for families who make less than $30,000 a year.
- One, two, and three-bedroom apartments.
- Individualized on-site support services.
- Scenic parks, world-class entertainment, a growing economy and highly-regarded schools are ideal for families.
- Family homelessness is rising in Carver and Scott counties. Prairie Pointe will provide homes for many of these families, offering them stability where parents and children alike can flourish.
- We value looking out for one another. It’s a big piece of what makes towns like Shakopee great places to live and grow.
- Tailored support helps children do better in school, parents increase income, and families improve long-term health.
- Supportive housing is a proven model for ending homelessness and housing instability for families.
Connected Stories:“Pointing the Way for Family Supportive Housing” – Launch of Prairie Pointe
You can help create the apartment homes at Bimosedaa through your gift and action. It will take:
About $750,000 in private gifts allows Beacon to do all the work needed before construction begins: the planning, organizing, design and financing. Contact Clara to discuss making a personally-significant gift.
Congregations demonstrating public support at critical times in zoning, land use, and planning decisions. Contact Kat to discuss how your congregation can be organizing to take action.