When all people have access to stable housing, our communities are stronger and healthier. Our collective action and investment through our public policy should work toward ensuring all people have a home.
Take action today to support an Emergency Housing Relief Package
No one should lose their home because they can’t pay their rent, utility bill, or other housing-related expenses. It’s time to ask our state leaders to support an emergency housing relief package. Here are the steps:
- Look up your legislator here.
- Email your Representative and Senator this message:
My name is ______, and I live at ______ and am part of the Beacon Interfaith Housing Collaborative. Thank you for your leadership in passing the needed funds this week for shelters. I am disappointed that emergency rental assistance was not included in the bill.
Please advocate for $100 million of emergency rental assistance to be included in the next spending measure.
In 2020, we are working to advance the following policy initiatives:
- Bring It Home, Minnesota: housing stability for all
- Invest in building homes: $500 million in Housing Bonds in the 2020 state legislative session
- Fill the gap for families: adequately fund operating dollars for family supportive housing
- Emergency rental assistance: no one should lose their home because of COVID-19
Download these files for more information and to share our policy agenda with others:
We hope you’ll join us as we work toward a Minnesota where all people have a home! To learn more or get involved: